Friday, October 23, 2009

Autumn colours/Fall colors

I'm not sure if the autumn leaves are a more intense colour this year or whether I'm just noticing them more. Maybe it's because I missed most of it last year since I was away for nearly all of October. Anyway, there were some spectacular colours around UBC last week, and here is a selection.


Main Mall with E

This is the view down Main Mall, looking north from Agronomy Road. Every one of the oaks seems to be at a different stage of colour.


Red Ivy on Frank Forward Building

The colours of ivy were never something that I was aware of in Melbourne, maybe the ivy is a different type there that doesn't change colour. This is actually the outside of my building, and looking out the window with the sun streaming through the red ivy leaves (on some days) is a real pleasure.


Winding away

I like the way the street curves in this shot. This is a quiet back street that runs parallel to Wesbrook Mall. The brilliant yellow of these trees are visible from the bus loop.


Oak parade

Another shot along Main Mall, looking in the other direction. I'm often struck by the stately pillars of these oak trunks, no matter what the season.

No comments: